The Ukrainian Center for Independent Political Research (UCIPR) is a non-governmental and non-partisan think tank that develops democratic procedures in government policy, thus promoting among the public the idea of irreversibility of democratic changes.
UCIPR is focused on the study of socio-political processes in Ukraine and the EU Member States, generates ideas and advocates proposals for good governance, carries out civic and political educational activities, and creates social communication platforms.
UCIPR was founded at the dawn of Ukraine’s independence by students who took part in the Revolution on Granite of 1991. Today, it is one of the leading Ukrainian institutions that systematically works on the strengthening of democracy, good governance, the exercise of political rights and civil freedoms.
Over the years of work, UCIPR has established itself as a stable and influential organization. Its ‘portfolio’ includes hundreds of studies and dozens of proposals that formed the basis for public decision-making on political rights and civil freedoms of Ukrainians. UCIPR has become a reliable partner for many public initiatives and organizations.
UCIPR works in the following key areas:
- Supporting civil society and developing participatory mechanisms;
- Ensuring the rights of national minorities and indigenous peoples, participating in anti-discrimination policy;
- Facilitating dialogue, social cohesion, expression of civil freedoms;
- Studying transformations of political systems in new democracies, developing parliamentarism, party and election policies;
- Encouraging representative and direct democracy at the national and local levels;
- Strengthening national security potential, supporting public environment security, and combating new challenges (Crimea’s de-occupation and reintegration of the Donbas);
- Promoting European and Euro-Atlantic integration.
- Analytical and field studies on democracy and good governance based on effective methods of sociological surveys (organization and conduct of focus groups, expert polls, in-depth interviews);
- Monitoring reports on socio-political processes, as well as on policy-making and implementation;
- Policies development and preparation of public policy documents;
- Discussions and communication platforms (roundtables, conferences, webinars, press-events);
- Education (trainings, workshops, lectures);
- Information and consultations for stakeholders;
- Assistance in registration of non-governmental organizations;
- Comments for the media.
UCIPR’s unique advantage is a combination of competence, knowledge of the specifics of legal regulation and practical aspects of socio-political processes, the ability to communicate with a wide range of people in different environments, and propose brand-new and flexible approaches.