July 11, 2014 – July 10, 2019
Budget – USD 1 500 000
USAID “Citizens in Action” Project is a five-year project, which is designed to improve the legislative and policy environment to become more conducive to civil society needs and to reflect European standards.
1) to improve the quality of relevant civil society enabling legislation and policy;
2) to increase capacity of public officials and CSOs to ensure effective implementation of legislation and policy;
3) to increase technical and organizational capacity of UCIPR as a leader and driver of civil society legislative efforts.
- State Policy on Civil Society Development – support to efficient implementation of the National Strategy for Promoting Civil Society Development at the national and local level)
- Local Democracy Development – improving local procedures for participatory democracy; introduction of democratic city charters and local democracy regulations for public hearings, public consultations, participatory budgets etc.
- CSO Legislation – improving legislation on registration of CSOs and charitable organizations; functioning of hot line on CSO registration and ensuring monitoring of CSO registration issues.
- Financial stability for civil society and charitable organizations – improving tax regime for civil society and charitable organizations, CSO taxes decrease, creating enabling environment for social entrepreneurship and charity.
- Securing Freedom of Assembly – support to efficient implementation of the National Strategy for Civil Society Development at the national and local level.